Buying or Selling in Downtown? Call Wood Buffalo Property Group at 780-972-3924. Our top real estate agents will help you navigate the Downtown real estate search in Fort Mcmurray, AB.
More About Downtown
Housing Market Information:
Downtown Fort McMurray is a popular neighbourhood for first-time and seasoned home buyers. Also known as Lower Townsite, downtown offers shopping, restaurants, services, parks, schools, and more! Many residents enjoy a quick commute to their nearby workplaces. For those working outside the neighbourhood, Highway 63 quickly gets them to other areas of the city and oil sands sites.
Residents can walk, bike, or use public transportation to get to municipal, business, and commercial services. The downtown area has municipal offices, a public library, and schools. Peter Pond Shopping Mall is another highlight in the area. With two levels and over 65 retailers and services, it is a popular destination. There are additional malls and shopping areas within downtown Fort McMurray that have grocery stores, banks, specialty stores, and services.
When it comes time to play, downtown Fort McMurray is the place to be! Within the neighbourhood there are sports fields, parks, as well as walking and biking trails. Just beyond the community, residents can quickly get to their favourite places to ski, skate, snowboard, play golf, or go boating.
Downtown Fort McMurray is popular with a wide variety of home buyers including families, empty nesters, and professionals. It is also a great place to consider buying an investment property. Buyers can choose from a variety of affordable options. Homes range in price from $300,000 to around $500,000 and beyond. The area is well-established and many of the homes are on generous sized lots with mature landscaping. Most of the homes in downtown Fort McMurray were built between the early 1960s and the present day. Some of the original homes have been beautifully updated to today’s modern standards. It is not hard to find a single-family home that has both a driveway and garage! The multi-family homes also offer assigned and street parking.
- Trails along the Snye and Clearwater River
- Water access via Bernard Jean Boat Launch and Prairie Loop Road Boat Launch
- Borealis Park which includes a skate park, spray park, volleyball courts and playground
- The Snye Volleyball Court
- Corless Track and Tennis Courts
- Baseball Diamonds
- Biggs Avenue Basketball Courts
- Heritage Park and Lions Park
- Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo Buildings, Offices, and Court House
- Willow Square Continuing Care Centre (currently being built)
- Easy access to MacDonald Island Park which is Canada’s largest community recreation, leisure, and social centre. The Island is home to Suncor Community Leisure Centre, Miskanaw Golf Club and Shell Place.
- Syncrude Sport and Wellness Centre and additional downtown fitness centres
- Keyano College as well as Keyano Theatre and Arts Centre
- Strip mall that includes Esso/Circle K, Mr. Liquor, Panago Pizza, Quiznos Subs, Wok Box, Mucho Burrito, and Cloverdale Paint store
- Peter Pond Mall
- Newer shopping complex on Manning Avenue featuring The Block & Co., Sprouting Fawn Children’s Boutique, Timeless Bridal, Lux Nails, Modern Beauty Supply, Balanced Numbers, Service Canada, Convenience Store, Colour Me Pretty Women’s Clothing Boutique, Arokaya Healing & Wellness, Pur Beauty, MVP Barbers, Borealis Buds, Cora’s Restaurant, Mr. Mike’s Steakhouse, Springmoon, The Alley YMM
- River City Centre which is home to many medical offices, Shoppers Drugmart, Royal Lepage, Insight Medical Imaging, Mom’s Kitchen, and Generation Dance Studio
- Northern Lights Centre which includes Moxies Classic Grill, CUPE, Safeway Grocery and Gas, Warehouse One, Booster Juice, OK Tire, Pet Valu, Penningtons, Advantage Learning Centre, Scotiabank, Pizza 73, and Liquor Depot
- Tamarack Village: McDonald's, Spices Indian Restaurant, Freshii, Flavours Convenience Store, World Financial Group, Rhema Medical Clinic, Stadek Clinic, YMM Barber Shop, Tamarack Pharmacy, The Village Salon, Twedy’s Nails
- Morrison Centre including medical offices, Fort McMurray Orthodontics, Orange Lily, and Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy
- River Pointe Shopping Centre is home to Higher Health Yoga, East Coast Kitchen & Bar, All Nations Supermarket, Habitual Sports, Drop Dead Darlings Clothing Boutique, and Ashley Homestore
- Riedel Street Shops which include Candian Tire Outdoor Store, Chatters Hair & Beauty Salon, The Dollar Store, Carters, The Brick, Mark’s Work Warehouse, Reitmans, Telus, OPA!, Extreme Pita, Sobeys, Sobey’s Liquor
- Nearby Riedel Street Shops include Royal Bank of Canada, Walmart, AMA, Iconic Mrs. Bee’s Family Restaurant, KFC, Rona, Best Canadian Motor Inn’s, Platinum Hotels
- Franklin Avenue Shopping Complex is home to Save-On Foods, Original Joes, Starbucks, Subway, Fat Burger, Buffalo Wild Wings, Bone & Biscuit, Liquor Depot Cold Beer & Wine
- Fraser Avenue Shopping Complex includes The Avenue Coffee, Dedicate Healthy Kitchen & Meal Prep, Townhall Public House, Cedars Bakery & Restaurant, Pizza Hut, and a fitness centre
- Other restaurants and pubs located throughout the downtown core include Earl’s Kitchen & Bar, The Keg Steakhouse, Surekha’s on the Snye, the beloved and locally owned Mitchell’s Café, Stac’s Fine Foods, Podollan Pub Blue Mountain Bistro, Hu’s Pizza & Donairs, and Asti Trattoria Italiana
- Northern Lights Regional Health Centre
- Fort McMurray Community Health Services
- Wood Buffalo Addiction and Mental Health Services
- CBI Health Centre
- Borealis Counselling Services
- Family physicians
- Synergy Centre Pharmacy and Medical Clinic
- Several mental health and counselling services
- Fort McMurray Recovery Centre
- Gentle Birth Corporation pregnancy care centre
Bus Stop Information:
The transit bus schedules for area listed below. Several of the bus stops are utilized for transportation to site as well.
Downtown Fort McMurray is a popular area for so many reasons. It is close to work and major arterial roadways. Residents can park their cars and walk or use transit. There is nowhere else in the city where entertainment, shopping, restaurants, recreation, and services are more easily accessible.
Downtown Real Estate Agents